- 05 June 2018
- 2385 Views
10 ways to reduce body heat
While you are most irritable, and confused on the outside and people don’t understand, know that it is the heat inside your body that is at work, creating all the ruckus for you on the outside.
You’ve landed at the right place to find solutions for this problem. Go on reading to know all about body heat and how to reduce it effectively.
What is body heat?
Body heat, know as heat stress also, is a common health issue caused by exposure to high temperatures. The normal body temperature is 97.7–99.5 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat stress occurs when the body is not able to maintain homeostasis. The hypothalamus regulates your body’s temperature, when your body gets too hot because of the environment or other reasons, your hypothalamus sends a signal through your nerves to your skin, telling it to increase sweat production. Your body cools down when the sweat evaporates.
What can cause body heat?
While there are many causes underlying, responsible for your body heat ranging from various chronic diseases to lifestyle habits, a few of them are listed down,
- Multiple sclerosis
What are its symptoms?
- Loss of consciousness.
- Muscle cramps.
- Body temperature of 104ºF (40ºC) or higher.
- Elevated heart rate.
- Rapid breathing.
- Intolerance for heat
Here are 10 ways you would want to try out to effectively reduce body heat before consulting with a physician, to lead a more comfortable life and enjoy summers to the best of your ability.
- Water: Consumption of high amounts of water can keep your body hydrated and cool.
- Avoid spicy foods: Many spices and vegetables are heat inducing like ginger, garlic, peppercorns, onions, mustard seeds etc.
- Avoid fried foods: Consumption of oils induces a lot of heat in the body, avoid eating a lot of fried foods.
- Caffeine: Caffeine and alcohol also create a lot of heat in the body and should avoided, especially in summers.
- Salt: It is advised that people with excessive body heat must follow a low sodium diet in order to maintain body temperature.
- Swap sesame, mustard, or groundnut oil for coconut and olive oils
- Avoid nuts in your diet as they are acidic and result in the production of more body heat
- Cut down on consumption of red meats.
- Yoga is an effective method to reduce body heat.
- Vegetables and herbs like spinach and mint, rich in vitamin C and other citrus fruits are good to reduce body heat.
These are few of the most effective ways of reducing body heat without medication. When you feel that things are getting out of hand and nothing given above is working for you, feel free to come in for a consultation at Sunshine Hospitals. We are happy to help.
You Might Be Interested: 9 Tips To Enjoy a Healthy Summer
About Sunshine Hospitals
A Multi Super Speciality Institution, 500+ bedded Sunshine Hospitals (Paradise Circle, Secunderabad) is promoted by globally reputed Joint Replacement Surgeon Dr. AV Gurava Reddy (Orthopedic Doctor) and like-minded associates who share the objective of making world-standard healthcare available, affordable and accessible to the common man. Sunshine has now become one of the best hospitals for many treatments including Orthopedic, Gastroenterology, Cardiology, Trauma and Neurology.