- 07 September 2018
- 984 Views
Know The Numbers That Matter To Your Health
High blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol, all of these are household names these days. Every other person is suffering from at least one of these chronic illnesses.
But, do you sit back and think about what each of them actually mean? What are their ranges of normal, how is it affecting you everyday?
It is important to know what your body suffers from and what it lacks. We are going to focus on the following conditions and deficiencies to help you understand what is normal and what is not.
- Vitamin D: A healthy person should have Vitamin D in the range of 20-50 ng/ml, anything below that is considered a deficiency.
- Vitamin B12: 200-900 pg/ml is the normal range of Vitamin B12 in your body, anything below 100 is considered deficiency.
- Triglycerides: A healthy person should have triglycerides in the range of 100-150 mg/dl, above 150 is considered high levels of triglycerides.
- Cholesterol: Cholesterol levels within the range of 200 mg/dl are considered normal.
- Obesity: Obesity is diagnosed on the basis of the Body Mass Index (BMI) calculation, while symptoms of obesity are obvious and evident, a person with BMI within the range of 18-23 is considered healthy.
- High Blood Pressure (BP)/Hypertension: Blood pressure is by checked by observing pressure in your blood vessels while your heart beats and rests, normal BP range is 120/80 mmHg
- Diabetes: normal range for blood glucose is 70-99 mg/dl, empty stomach. And below 140 mg/dl 2 hours post meal.
It is very important to get and keep these parameterks in place, or else, they will start affecting your health, right from your eyes to your heart, you might be at risk for diseases that could have adverse effects on your body.
We, at Sunshine Hospitals, have an excellent team of doctors and an efficient diagnostic centre to help you rule out conditions and get your regular check ups done. Visit our hospital for your annual or regular check ups and keep deficiencies and conditions at bay.
About Sunshine Hospitals:
A Multi Super Speciality Institution, 500 bedded Sunshine Hospitals (Paradise Circle, Secunderabad) is promoted by globally reputed Joint Replacement Surgeon Dr. AV Gurava Reddy (Orthopedic Doctor) and like-minded associates who share the objective of making world-standard healthcare available, affordable and accessible to the common man. Sunshine has now become one of the best hospitals for many treatments including Orthopedic, Gastroenterology, Cardiology, Trauma and Neurology.