- 15 December 2018
- 1935 Views
Do You Have A Coronary Artery Disease?
SafeValue must use [property]=binding:
Heart problems need to be treated seriously. What might begin as chest pain and fatigue might not just be because of acidity or stress? It could be hiding a heart disease, sometimes a coronary heart disease also.
What is a Coronary Artery Disease?
The coronary artery is the artery that supplies oxygen rich blood to the heart. A coronary artery disease is said to happen when plaque gets deposited in the arteries and deprives it off oxygen.
Who is at risk?
A coronary artery disease can happen to people from all age groups. The lack of free flow of the blood across cholesterol deposited segment of blood vessel can lead to plaque rupture and clot formation. Clot of blood in the heart may be serious and can have grave repercussions as a result of which there will not be any flow of blood into the heart called as heart attack.
How Do You Know That You Have Coronary Artery Disease?
Sometimes, there are many serious symptoms of a coronary artery disease and sometimes there are no symptoms at all, in which case, it is known as a silent coronary artery disease. The most common symptoms of coronary artery disease are as follows:
- Pain at the centre or on the left side of the chest, which usually subsides within a few minutes of rest and recurs.
- Often, there is a burning sensation in the chest and people usually mistake it to be a digestion problem. But, these are the symptoms of a coronary artery disease.
- If the pain does not subside in a short span of time, it is possible that there has been a heart attack.
- Shortness of breath accompanied by fatigue is a common symptom of a coronary artery disease.
- There might be swelling in the legs caused due to a coronary artery disease leading to pump failure
Diagnosing Coronary Artery Disease
The diagnosis of coronary artery disease is one of the most important aspects in preventing a heart attack and other cardio problems in the future. The various methods of diagnosing a subsisting coronary artery disease are as follows:
1. Electrocardiogram (ECG)This is one of the oldest and the most effective tests that is used to check the electrical activity in the heart.
2. Stress Test: A stress test is done to increase the heartbeat by making a person exercise while on a treadmill. This gives the accurate picture of effort tolerance otherwise reserve.
3. Coronary Angiography: the gold standard for detection of blocks.
It is advised to anybody who is suffering from any of the aforementioned symptoms to visit a reputed hospital, which has the required diagnostic equipment to figure out the cause of the discomfort in the heart.
What To Do If You Have Coronary Artery Disease?
We understand that being diagnosed with the disease can be upsetting and can cause your stress levels to go up. But, at Sunshine Hospitals, you can rest assured of the best treatments and warm care. Here we will assist you with a neat plan of treatment.
- One of the first techniques is to have a cardiac rehabilitation, which will include- cardio workouts, breathing exercises and lifestyle changes.
- One needs to focus on consuming the right kind of food, which will bring about some changes in the subsisting condition of a coronary artery disease.
- Maintaining a healthy weight.
- Some of the lifestyle changes are not sufficient to bring in a change with regard to the coronary artery disease. Hence, medication is required which will help in preventing from blood clotting in the heart.
- Blood pressure medicines are prescribed to most of the people who have heart ailments as they tend to develop high blood pressure over a period of time.
- The effective treatment in the most extreme cases of coronary artery blocks is to open them with vascular scaffolding.
Here, at Sunshine, the best treatments are provided and a patient is suggested to get a particular type of treatment done, which is based on the requirement of the case and the circumstance. Hence, it is advised to the patients who feel that they have symptoms which are indicative of a coronary artery disease to visit Sunshine Hospital cardiac unit, which has carved a niche for itself, by earning a reputation in treating numerous cases of difficult and rejected cases of coronary artery diseases.
About Sunshine Hospitals:
A Multi Super Speciality Institution, 500+ bedded Sunshine Hospitals (Paradise Circle, Secunderabad) is promoted by globally reputed Joint Replacement Surgeon Dr. AV Gurava Reddy (Orthopedic Doctor) and like-minded associates who share the objective of making world-standard healthcare available, affordable and accessible to the common man.