FELLOWSHIPS AT SUNSHINE HOSPITALS
SUNSHINE BONE & JOINT INSTITUTE – ARTHROPLASTY FELLOWSHIP
Dr.A.V.Gurava Reddy; MBBS, D. Ortho, DNB (Ortho), FRCS (Edinburgh), FRCS (Glasgow), FRCS(London), MCh Ortho (Liverpool)
- Dr. T. Chiranjeevi; MBBS, MS (ORTHO)
- Dr. Krishna Kiran Eachempati; MBBS, MS (ORTHO)
- Dr. V.B.N. Prasad; MBBS, MS (ORTHO)
Dr. Sukesh Rao Sankinaeni; MS (Ortho) (AIIMS, New Delhi)
Dr. Rajasekhar Reddy Kandi; MS(Ortho)
Penderghast Road, Opposite Parsi Dharamsala,
Behind Paradise Hotel, Secunderabad,
1 month training period + 6 months fellowship, starting in December/June
No. of Available Seats
12 per batch (every 6 months).
Approximately ₹ 15000 per month for full six months.
Sunshine Hospitals, Secunderabad, India.
Educational goals and characteristics:
The fellowship encompasses all aspects of clinical involvement in hip and knee arthroplasty (primary and revision) management as well as hip preservation procedures in a busy group practice, including assessment of new patients, surgical treatment at assistant level (with level of responsibility dependent on the proficiency demonstrated), post-operative care and rehabilitation. Fellows will be actively involved in regular clinical and scientific meetings, and will be expected to produce at least one research project suitable for presentation at an international meeting and subsequent publication. The weekly schedule will usually involve on average two days in the operating theatre, two days reviewing patients in clinics and one day in pursuing research projects.
The applicant must:
- Be eligible for registration with the Medical Council of India.
- Have completed their training in Orthopaedic Surgery with at least 2 years post MS/DNB experiehce.
- Have evidence of research experience, including evidence of relevant published research.
How to apply
Applications to be submitted to the aforementioned e-mail address with:
- Names of three referees with whom the candidate has worked.
- Netailed current curriculum vitae.
- Preference for proposed starting dates (December or June of any year).
- Areas of interest (clinical and research).
The selection process is purely merit based in which all the applicants for the fellowship program will be called for a written exam which will be conducted on 1st Tuesday of April and 1st Tuesday of October for the respective batches, followed by an interview. The successful applicants will be informed thereafter through email.It is compulsory for the candidates to bring with them a proposal and protocol for research projects in arthroplasty (hip or knee) when coming for interview.
[Applications are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org]