ICCU, AMCU Care Units
Sunshine Hospitals, Secunderabad houses one of the busiest ICUS in the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad. It comprises of 40 beds of which 19 cater to very sick patients who require multiorgan support, and 21 cater to parents with single organ dysfunction needing constant care and monitoring.
The critical care department at Sunshine Hospitals Secunderabad, under the guidance and leadership of Dr Sachin Chidrawar, treats patients from all specialities like Nephrology, Neurology, Gastroenterology, Pulmonology and Complex surgical cases. It consists of a High Dependency Unit (HDU), Neuro Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU) and Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU). Five out of the total 40 beds are cubicles, with strict isolation conditions.
We provide services including Hemodialysis, CRRT, IABP, Mechanical Ventilator Support including both IPPV AND NIV, invasive monitoring including FLOTRAC and IBP monitoring, and ECMO. The department ensures strict aseptic precautions to be followed to prevent the spreading of MDR AND PDR infections in the ICU.
The following medical laboratory services are offered at Sunshine Hospitals, Secunderabad.
- Department of Clinical Biochemistry
- Department of Haematology
- Department of Clinical Pathology
- Department of Microbiology & Serology
- Department of Cytology and Histopathology
- The pharmacy at Sunshine Hospitals works round the clock 24/7, 365 days.
- Work is according to national and international standards.
- Safety and efficiency of medicines are maintained with proper storage.
- Cold storage is maintained with 24 hours power backup.
- The department of pharmacy cross checks the manufacturing and expiry dates of each and every drug before it is dispensed.
- All emergency and essential medications are stored in the ward level itself.
- Expired medicines or the ones nearing expiry dates are disposed of, three months in advance.
- All inpatient medications are provided at the bedside with online prescriptions.
- Sunshine Hospitals have appointed qualified and registered pharmacists to dispense the drugs for usage.
Blood Bank Services
Blood Bank service available 24/7
Hospital number: 040-44550000 (EXT NO -0143)
Direct contact number: 040-64643345, +91 9246242529
The donors shall fulfil the following requirements, namely:
- The donor shall fall under the age group of 18 to 60 years
- The donor shall not weigh less than 45 kilograms
- The systolic and diastolic blood pressures are within normal limits without medication
- Haemoglobin shall not be less than 12.5 g/dl
- The donor shall be free from acute respiratory diseases
- The donor shall be free from any skin disease at the site of phlebotomy.
- The donor should be free from any disease transmissible through blood transfusion.
- The arms and forearms of the donor must not have any skin punctures or scars indicative of professional blood donors or addiction to self-injected narcotics.
Blood Bank Products
|s.no||Blood And Blood Products|
|1||Whole Blood (WB)|
|2||Packed Cells (PC/PRBC)|
|3||Saline Washed Red Blood Cells (SWRBC)|
|4||Fresh Frozen Plasma (FFP)|
|5||Random Donor Platelets (RDP)|
|6||Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)|
|8||Single Donor Platelets (SDP)|