Dr. B. Ravi Shankar
MBBS, MD (General Medicine), DNB (General Medicine), DM (Gastroenterology) (SGPGI)
Sr. Consultant Gastroenterologist, Hepatologist & Therapeutic Endoscopist
- Graduated M.B.B.S from Gandhi Medical College, Hyderabad, MD (Internal Med.) DNB(Internal Med.) from Kakatiya Medical College, Warangal and DM (Gastroenterology & Hepatology) from Sanjay Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, India.
- Has over 18 years of rich experience working with leading hospitals
- 3 years Gastroenterology & Liver Disease Training in SGPGI, Lucknow
- Worked as Consultant at Kamineni Hospital, Hyderabad (1997 to 2004)
- Worked as HOD & Consultant Gastroenterologist, Yashoda Hospitals, Secunderabad (2004 to 2015)
- Presently Consultant Gastroenterologist and HOD of Gastroenterlogy & Liver Diseases, Sunshine Hospitals, Secunderabad
- Has extensive expertise in performing Diagnostic and upper GI Endoscopy and Colonoscopy, Esophageal Variceal Band Ligation, Esophageal Stricture Dilatations Balloon/Savary Gilliard, Endoscopic Homeostasis for Bleeding Ulcers, Polypectomies, Pneumatic Dilatation for Achalasia Cardia, ERCP, Capsule Enteroscopy & Capsule Colonoscopy and metal stent procedures.
- A life member of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology and INASL .
- Has wide experience in Clinical trials
- Research papers published in National & International Journals
- Has attended and been a part of the organizing committee for many medical conferences
- Secretary of ISG, Telangana chapter.