Plan Your Visit
Planning a trip to a far away place from your home country is a huge deal. But when it comes to health, it can be the best decision. The most crucial part of the entire process is when and how you make your decision. So to start with, here are some instructions you can follow while planning your trip to India.
STEP 1: Initial decision - Planning your for treatment
Please confirm with your physician regarding how serious your treatment is. You can go through our website and to understand what treatments we offer and choose your treatment based on your medical records and your doctor’s consent. In case you have any queries, please feel free to email us. We shall address your queries immediately.
STEP 2: Fixing an appointment
You can get an appointment fixed in prior to your travel, based on the discussions you have with your doctor and the team at Sunshine Hospitals.
STEP 3: Your travel plan
Once your appointments and surgery dates are fixed you may choose your package and coordinate with our team regarding your flight departures and arrivals. Sunshine Hospitals provides you with the pickup and drop facility once you arrive at Hyderabad International Airport.
STEP 4: Medical records you need to carry
- Once you have decided to come on board for treatment, make sure to keep your local doctor informed to continue follow-ups in your home country.
- Ensure to carry all your previous medical records like MRI scans, blood reports, previously used prescriptions, etc. along with you while travelling.
- Patients who are coming for the first time must send over a copy of their passport (including attendants’) to receive a visa invitation letter from the hospital.
- Once the patient receives the hospital’s invitation letter and their visa has been approved, it is imperative to share their flight itinerary with the International Coordinators.
STEP 5: Options for accommodation
If you prefer to stay at a hotel near the hospital, our coordinator will take care of your accommodation depending on your budget. We do also provide guesthouse facilities at a convenient price.
STEP 6: Travel documents to carry
While travelling ensure to carry the following documents without fail:
- Visa papers and Passport
- Medical records (like MRI scans, blood reports, previously used prescriptions, etc.)
- Medical invitation letter given by the Sunshine Hospitals
- International identity proof (apart from passport for any other assistance)
- Local Currency (our coordinators will help with foreign exchange)
STEP 7: Getting your visa
- Apart from the medical invitation letter provided by the hospital, kindly visit http://boi.gov.in/for more information.
- Our coordinators will help you with the registration at FRRO within 14 days of arrival at the hospital.
STEP 8: Your arrival
Upon arrival at Hyderabad, our International Coordinators will take care of you from the moment you land, have your consultation, surgery, discharge, and till you board the flight back home.
To know more please email us your medical reports at
You can call our international patient coordinators:(+91)-40-4455-0000 / (+91)-40-4344-4546