Education & Fellowships
Sunshine Medical Academy OF Research & Training (Smart)
At Sunshine Hospitals, we always believe in the motto ‘Patient First’. We believe that to be able to provide the best, most up to date services and treatment for our patients there is a constant need to update our knowledge and understanding of the various diseases and treatment options available.
The SMART (Sunshine Medical Academy of Research & Training) Foundation was established by Sunshine Hospitals with a vision to have a world class translational medical research facility along with training in the various fields of medicine and was registered in 2011 as a NonProfit Organization.
The foundation not only carries out research activities but also provides various training programs and fellowships to build up the number of well-trained medical professionals to be able to cater to our large population of patients.
SMART leverages the strengths of Sunshine Hospitals in its eminent teachers, competent clinicians, scientists, clinical researchers and a large patient pool under various therapeutic areas to carry out its academic and research activities under strict scrutiny by our registered Ethics Committee.
SMART is associated with many national and international research organisations like CCMB, IICT, NIN, BITS Pilani, etc.
Aims and Objectives:
- To establish, run, assist and promote activities related to Research in the field of Medical Sciences.
- To establish, run, assist and promote Educational Institutions in the field of Medical Sciences.
- To assist and promote activities related to the Training of Personnel in the field of Medical Sciences.
- To encourage the discovery of new Medical and Surgical means of Management of Diseases and Afflictions and to Investigate and make known the nature and merits of the Findings and Research in the said field.
- To promote Education, Research and Training in the field of Medicine by conducting Programs, establishing Institutions, Education and Research Centres for the upliftment of society and not with the motive of profit.
To undertake and promote fundamental, basic science, translational and clinical research and continuous education programs in all medical disciplines.
The Various Activities carried out by Smart:
- Continued Medical Education
1. Basic Sciences Research:
- Tie up with BITS Pilani (Hyderabad Branch)
2. Clinical Research
- Papers and Publications
- ISHKS Fellowship
- SIAA Fellowship
- Arthroscopy Fellowship
- Spine Fellowship
- Critical Care Fellowship
- Trauma Fellowship
- Emergency Medicine Fellowship