Sunshine Hospitals is a 350-bed, multispecialty, tertiary care hospital with 30 plus specialties. The Hospital has been set up to offer qualitative care to all its patients in a patient-friendly environment with a focus on clinical excellence, patients’ safety & dignity, transparency & affordability and accessibility of quality care to every patient. Since its inception, Sunshine hospital has been offering world-class treatment and facilities to patients with compassion, teamwork, transparency and process-driven approach. By bringing in the best healthcare practices from across the world and by engaging the best physicians from India and abroad, Sunshine got the most prestigious and coveted NABH accreditation from the highest body of accreditation in India. This signifies Sunshine’s commitment to quality, safety and continuous improvement in the delivery of care to patients.
Sunshine Hospitals is promoted by globally reputed Joint Replacement Surgeon, Dr. AV Gurava Reddy. Founded in May 2009, Sunshine grew rapidly and ‘thus became one of the top Hospitals in Hyderabad. Sunshine has now become the second largest Joint Replacement Centre in South East Asia as patients from as far as Canada, USA, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Iran and majority of the African countries are being treated here.
Sunshine Hospitals received World’s Greatest Brands and Leaders Award in 2016-17; and Brand Leader Award for Dr AV Gurava Reddy; Most Patient-Friendly Hospital Award at Association of Healthcare Providers India (AHPI) Global Conclave, 2015; FICCI Award for Excellence in Customer Services, 2014; and the Top 7 ORTHOPEDIC Hospitals in the Country (THE WEEK MAGAZINE-NIELSEN SURVEY, 2014).
Sunshine Hospitals became a member of the prestigious ‘International Society of Orthopedic Centres (ISOC)’ in March 2017.This society consists of 21 of the most well-renowned orthopedic centres from all around the world – from 17 countries from across 6 continents. Mayo Clinic (USA), Campbell Clinic (USA), Hospital for Special Surgery (USA), Royal National Orthopedic Hospital (UK) among others, are part of this elite group. Sunshine Hospitals is only the 2nd hospital from Asia, to have a full membership of this elite society.
Sunshine’s successful journey has led it to acquire an iconic stature as a major landmark in Hyderabad, and the hospital is poised to become a global health care destination.
To offer qualitative and comprehensive services in a patient-friendly environment with a focus on clinical excellence, safety, dignity and transparency, while staying affordable and accessible to every patient in need.
To create a world-class medical facility, wherein patients are treated with compassion.
Chairman and Managing Director
Dr. A.V. Gurava Reddy is the Chairman and Managing Director. He is the Chief Joint Replacement Surgeon at Sunshine Hospitals. He is widely regarded as a visionary in the field of orthopedics and is known for embracing the human side of healthcare. He performs over 4000 Joint Replacements (Hip, Knee and Shoulder, both Primary and Revision) in a year, which is the second highest in South Asia. He is supported by an experienced team of 100+doctors and paramedical staff.
Dr. Reddy has extensive international experience as he has worked for more than ten years in the UK. He frequently tours Middle East, Europe and USA as a Visiting consultant for performing joint replacement surgeries. He is a very popular joint replacement surgeon and medical expert over there.
Dr. Reddy has been an active faculty member at the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, UK and has participated in various national and international conferences. He is the founder member of “Indian Society of Hip & Knee Surgeons”. Owing to his outstanding services in the field of Orthopedics, he has been felicitated by the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Shri. K Rosiayyah in the year 2010.
Dr. Reddy’s inspiring and remarkable journey as a globally renowned joint replacement surgeon drives Sunshine Hospitals towards the zenith of healthcare delivery.
Sunshine hospital is one of the best multispecialty hospitals in the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad with state-of-the-art facilities. The hospital has been built in accordance with meticulously planned designs that offers multiple entries and exists for the patients, natural lights and facilities for segregating patients. All the inpatients’ rooms have natural ventilation to offer the much-needed healing spaces with privacy and safety.
Sunshine Hospitals incorporate the best safety standards of sanitation, water resources and fire with all the internal systems set in place for better communication and coordination.
Sunshine Hospitals has the following facilities:
- Sophisticated Operation Theatres
- World-class ICUs
- Infection Control and Safety Systems
- Emergency Department with a Rapid Action Team –24/7 Emergency Care
- Latest Monitoring Systems
- 24/7 Pharmacy
- Blood Bank – Sophisticated technology employed in the blood bank helps in collecting, storing and dispensing blood and screening blood for infectious agents.
- Advanced Diagnostic Laboratory with integrated lab and diagnostic services
- Well-equipped Radiology Department
- Robust Electronic Medical Record system
- 30 + specialties
- Integrated patient care and services to ease appointment, consultation, diagnosis and treatment process
- Canteen for patients and visitors
- Sophisticated Ultrasound machine
- Digital Cath Labs
- Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT). Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS)
- Advanced Diagnostic laboratory with high-end visualization systems
- Endoscopy and Colonoscopy Suit
- Diagnostic EUS
- Capsule Endoscopy
- High-Resolution Oesophageal Manometry
- Advanced Neurophysiology lab performing EEG, NCS, Needle EMG, VEPS, BAER & SSEP
- Medtronic NIM Eclipse Intraoperative Neuromonitoring System
- MRI 3 Tesla
- MR Angiogram and Venogram
- 128 Slice CT Scan
- Colour Doppler – neck arterial doppler study
- Advanced Laparoscopy Equipment
- Advanced Pulmonary Function Lab
- Minimal Access Spinal Technologies (MAST)
- Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP)
- Thulium laser enucleation of the prostate (ThuLEP)
- CT – Computed Tomography
- Interventional Radiology
- Nuclear Medicine
- Digital X-ray
- Mechanical lithotripsy
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL)
Centres of Excellence
- Sunshine Bone & Joint Institute
- Sunshine Institute for Gastroenterology, Liver Diseases & Laparoscopic Surgery
- Sunshine Spine Centre
- Sunshine Centre for Neurosciences
- Sunshine Centre for Renal Sciences
- Sunshine Centre for Internal Medicine, Infectious Diseases & Lifestyle Disorders
- Centre for Respiratory Diseases
- Sunshine Centre for Microvascular & Reconstructive Surgery
- Woman and Child Care Centre
- Sunshine Centre for Critical Care
- Centre for Bariatric Surgery
- Sunshine Centre for Cardiac Sciences