Fellowships at Sunshine Hospitals
SUNSHINE BONE & JOINT INSTITUTE – ARTHROPLASTY FELLOWSHIP
The Sunshine Bone And Joint Institute Arthroplasty Fellowship is one of the most prestigious and coveted fellowships in India for Orthopaedic Surgeons. The fellowship is conducted under the guidance of world renowned orthopaedic and arthroplasty surgeon DR A.V GURAVA REDDY in Sunshine Hospitals, Hyderabad which is the second largest joint replacement centre in Asia
Sunshine Hospital, located at Secunderabad and Gachibowli is a 500+ bedded, multispeciality, tertiary care hospital with 30+ specialities. The hospital has been set up to offer qualitative care to all its patients in a patient friendly environment with focus on clinical excellence, patient safety and dignity, transparency and affordability and accessibility of quality care to every patient
This fellowship is aimed to attain balanced evidence based, patient- focused training in arthroplasty. The fellow will be afforded progressive responsibility in both operating room and out patient clinic where he can learn a systematic approach to the arthritic patient and thereby develop a comprehensive treatment plan like pre-operative optimization, implant selection and post-operative care. The fellow will develop confidence with various surgical approaches for the same.
ENROLMENT FOR FELLOWSHIP
Notification for fellowship applications will be updated in the website(email@example.com) twice a year in the month of MARCH and OCTOBER for the JUNE and DECEMBER sessions respectively.
1 month training period followed by 12 months of fellowship starting 1st June and 1st December respectively for JUNE and DECEMBER session
Rs 40,000/- per month for full 12 months
- Be eligible for registration with the Medical Council of India
- Minimum 1 year post MS/DNB experience
HOW TO APPLY
The applicant should apply by sending his/her
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Educational qualifications
- Letters of recommendation (a minimum of 3)
- Attach any peer reviewed publications
The selection is purely merit based in which all the applicants for the fellowship program will be interviewed via video conferencing by the selection panel at a mutually agreeable time. Once all the interviews are done the selected candidate will be informed via email or phone. Candidates should report on 1st June/1st December at Sunshine Hospitals, Secunderabad.
The fellowship is an excellent opportunity for young orthopaedic surgeons to get trained in the field of Arthroplasty and orthopaedics where they will be exposed to a wide variety of Joint Replacement surgeries which includes Primary Hip and Knee Replacements, Unicondylar Knee Replacement, Hip Preservation Surgery, Revision Replacements, Robotic assisted Knee and Robotic Assisted Hip Surgeries apart from Academic and Research work
- Clinical and research work will be spanned over both the branches(Secunderabad and Gachibowli) over a period of 1 year
- The fellow should expect to be in operating room 3 days in a week, other days for out-patient clinics, research activities, on call duties, health camps.
- The Fellow will take independent on-call duties approximately twice a month.
- Fellows are expected to participate in non-arthroplasty operative work(trauma, paediatric orthopaedics, sports medicine, ortho oncology, limb reconstruction surgeries like ilizarov)
- Fellows will have to participate on a rotation basis in health camps as a part of Sunshine Out Reach Program
Academic program includes
- Sunshine Arthroplasty Meet
Fellows are expected to present journal clubs, seminars, interesting case presentations, Pre and Post OP Xray Discussions
- Meeting In Collaboration with Other National Institutes like SIAA Academy: in 2014, Sunshine Hospitals joined hands with three of the most renowned institutes in south India to form the South Indian Arthroplasty Academy (SIAA). The mission behind this alliance was to promote teaching, training and overall excellence in the ever-evolving field of arthroplasty. The syndicate includes reputed names:
- Dr. Gurava Reddy – Sunshine Hospitals, Hyderabad
- Dr. S. Rajasekaran – Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore
- Dr. Sharan Patil – SPARSH Hospital, Bangalore
- Dr. Vijay Bose – AJRI, Chennai
- Dr. P. Suryanarayan – AJRI, Chennai
Fellows will get the opportunity to interact with these stalwarts of Arthroplasty
- Collaboration with International Institutes: includes a weekly meet with Surgeons from University of Miami Hospital, Holycross Hospital, Baptist Hospital, Miami and Cleveland Clinic USA, involving journal club, topic related articles, pre and post op conference and case discussion
All fellowship trainees are assigned a research topic during their fellowship tenure, pertaining to hip and knee arthroplasty. Several papers have been published in international peer-reviewed journals over the past decade. Now, with 10-year follow-up data available, and a robust research department, it is our aim to publish high-quality papers in leading journals.
Fellow will be expected to produce at least one research project suitable for presentation at an international meeting and subsequent publication
Affiliate Fellowship and observership programs:
- Indian Society of Hip and Knee Surgeons (ISHKS) Fellowship
- South Indian Arthroplasty Academy (SIAA) Fellowship in Hip and Knee Arthroplasty: SIAA offers an extensive 2-year arthroplasty fellowship program, with the trainees visiting each institute for a period of 6 months in the sub-specialty of Adult Reconstruction.
- Indian Orthopaedic Association: Sunshine has conducted several teaching programs for visiting arthroplasty fellows from India and Abroad, under the traveling fellowship offered by the IOA.