- 16 November 2018
- 2729 Views
No More ‘Weighting’!
An ideal body figure is something desired by most of us, irrespective of our age and gender. Although regular exercise and dietary control is the best way to attain the body figure you are aiming for, sometimes this process can be tedious and frustrating.
Moreover, some of you might require quick results for various reasons. If you are one of those many people looking for a quick-fix for the excess body fat then Liposuction is the thing for you.
Liposuction is one of the most popular plastic surgery in the market today and has been put to good use for over three decades now.
Liposuction is a dream come true plastic surgery which sculpts your body contour to achieve the ideal shape. It can be used to remove surplus fats from arms, back, neck, abdomen area, inner thighs, thighs, trim your love handles, chest, face and buttocks.
Results so far have been impressive and the existing patients of Liposuction couldn’t be more satisfied with the outcomes. It is important to keep in mind that only those who are suitable candidates for Liposuction should opt for this plastic surgery to get enhanced results. Let’s take a look at who should opt for Liposuction.
Are You A Good Candidate For Liposuction? Your candidacy for Liposuction can be determined by the following factors :
- Be in exemplary health conditions
- Body weight exceeds by a maximum of 25 pounds than the ideal body weight
- The excess fat has not responded to exercise and dietary measures
- 18 years-old and above
Who should avoid liposuction?
In case you fall into any one of the below-mentioned categories you should avoid liposuction:
- Pregnant women
- Candidates with health issues which can have unwanted effects on the healing process
- Patients which consume blood-thinning pills
- Patients allergic to lidocaine
- Heart patients, diabetic patients, people with poor blood circulation and lung diseases
What to Expect Out Of Liposuction :
If you fit the category of an ideal candidate to undergo the liposuction procedure then you will obtain great benefits with minimum or zero side-effects says Dr Venugopal Pareek. Not only does liposuction provides your body with the perfect curves it also creates a significant psychological impact by boosting your confidence. Expect the following direct benefits out of your liposuction:
- Secure elimination of excess and unwanted fats
- Positive change in the visual appearance of the cellulite
- No longer susceptible to fat-related diseases
- Quick and tangible results of fat reduction which otherwise take ages to achieve by exercises and dietary regime
What Not To Expect Out Of Liposuction :
- Reality check is always necessary and never hurts. While liposuction has many advantages as stated above it is good to keep in mind what not to expect out of liposuction:
- Technically, liposuction is NOT a weight loss method, all it does it remove excess body fat at certain areas only to a certain extent
- While there can be a visible difference in the cellulite appearance, it does not remove cellulite and stretch marks 100%.
- Maximum fats that can be removed using this surgical procedure is limited to 10 pounds or 5kgs.
The Body Contouring Procedure :
- The procedure of fat-suction can be easily understood in 5 steps.
- Marking of fat-reduction areas
- Injecting anaesthesia
- Small cuts around 3-4mm in size made around the marks to access the fats
- A hollow metal cannula is inserted between the skin and the muscle where the fat lies
- Repeated to and fro motion of the cannula along with the suction created through the liposuction vacuum machine leads to expulsion of excess fat rendering desired results
How Much Do You Pay To Get Your Ideal Body Shape?
The average cost of liposuction in Hyderabad can fall anywhere in the range of INR 30,000 to INR 2,00,000. The cost of liposuction can depend on various factors as stated below:
- Area being treated
- Amount of fat being removed
- Type of anaesthesia used
- Experience of the plastic surgeon/celebrity plastic surgeon
In general, lower abdomen area costs the maximum, and face, flanks, hips/waist, inner thighs, anterior thighs, knees cost the least says, Dr Venugopal Pareek. The city you undergo your medical procedure also matters greatly. Some cities can incur more cost than others. Risks Included With Liposuction Most medical procedures incur some risks and side effects. The risks associated with liposuction are quite minimum, and the patients often believe that the positive results of liposuction outweigh its risks. Each year around 350,000 liposuction surgeries are done, and there is a rise of 16% every year.
Following are the possible risks associated with Liposuction:
- Hiring an inexperienced or non-certified plastic surgeon for the procedure. Always hire a professional plastic surgeon with proper certification and enough years of experience even if it costs a few bucks extra.
- Rashes on the skin where cuts were made is a sign of infection and you should contact your surgeon immediately in this case.
- Vomiting, high fever, skin tenderness where an incision is made and other kinds of infections.
- Other rare risks include burns, never compression, edema, cardiac arrhythmia, seroma.
Recovery Time While the recovery time last anywhere between two days to two weeks, the actual time will depend on factors like amount of fat removed, areas treated, your body type and how effectively your body responds to the healing process, and your immune system. Usually, you can resume your normal lifestyle and work within a week.
ABOUT THE DOCTOR:
Dr Venugopal Pareek – Bariatric Surgeon Dr. Venugopal Pareek is one of the best Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon in the city has done more than 9000 surgeries in 12 years. Trained in the esteemed Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences in Surgical Oncology, Dr. Pareek has the expertise in Bariatric Surgery. He has attended several conferences and published articles on medicine as well in various national and international journals.
ABOUT SUNSHINE HOSPITALS:
A Multi Super Speciality Institution, 500 bedded Sunshine Hospitals (Paradise Circle, Secunderabad) is promoted by globally reputed Joint Replacement Surgeon Dr. AV Gurava Reddy (Orthopedic Doctor) and like-minded associates who share the objective of making world-standard healthcare available, affordable and accessible to the common man.