- 13 July 2016
- 2395 Views
Dr. A. U. Shankar Prasad
- M.B.B.S – Gandhi medical college, Hyderabad, A.P
- M.D [Internal Medicine] – Gandhi Medical College, Hyderabad, A.P
- Diplomate of National Board (General Medicine)
- A Clinician committed towards providing scientific and ethical patient care.
- A researcher; with keen interest in Traditional systems and integrative concepts in the areas of immunology and rheumatology and chronic disease management.
- Professional Experience.
- Clinical Associate – Dept of Internal Medicine; Mediciti Hospitals, Hyderabad (From June 2000 -Oct 2001).
- Consultant – Dept. of Internal Medicine – Image hospitals. Hyderabad (Oct 2001 – Oct 2002).
- Consultant – Dept. of Internal medicine& Critical care; Care hospitals. Hyderabad (Oct 2002- June 2006).
- Assistant Professor of Medicine at Gandhi medical college (Oct2006-to Dec 2009).
- Consultant Internist at Sunshine Hospitals, Secunderbad (Sept 2009-to till date.
- Member of Hospital Infection control committee at Sunshine Hospitals.
- Sub- investigator in ‘ADDRESS’ trial in Care hospitals – Banjara hills.
- Sub- investigator in ‘Micafungin in invasive candidiasis’ in Care hospitals – Nampally.
- Co-investigator in study of rennin-inhibitors in moderate hypertension Care Hospitals -Banjara hills.
- Attended ‘ Good Clinical Practices ‘ training sessions ‘ADDRESS’ and ‘MICAFUNGIN’ trials.
Dr.A U Shankar Prasad_2_Jan_2012
- A Study of language disturbances in patients admitted with acute stroke – Dessertation thesis for M.D. for A.P.U.H.S.
- The therapeutic basis for the use of certain Metals [Iron, Zinc and Copper] in Rasa – shastra of ayurveda-Dissertation thesis for M.phil in Ayurveda, Pune University.
‘A typical Pneumonias in Icu ‘ at A.P.I.CON; 2003; Hyderabad.