- 05 October 2018
- 1189 Views
Dr. Harshad Jawalkar
Dr. Harshad Jawalkar is one of the dedicated Shoulder and Upper Limb Orthopaedic Surgeons in India. He specialises in comprehensive shoulder, elbow and upper limb surgery – including minimally invasive and arthroscopic shoulder and elbow surgery, treatment of upper limb fractures and soft tissue sport injuries.
He has completed MBBS from Gandhi Medical College, Hyderabad, and DNB Orthopaedics from Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad. He later worked as an assistant professor for 5 years (2010 to 2015) in Kamineni Medical College and later in Deccan Medical College consolidating his teaching, clinical and surgical skills. He also completed a fellowship in arthroplasty from Mumbai in 2012.
In 2015, he embarked on further Orthopaedic training as an MTI (Medical Training Initiative) Fellow at King’s College Hospital, London (one of the Major Trauma Centres in the UK). He was the first to complete this structured, two year training fellowship, sponsored by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. During his time there, he was exposed to modern concepts of orthopaedic trauma, and elective shoulder, elbow and upper limb surgery, in which he attained a specialisation. He is actively involved in research with 6 publications and 6 podium presentations at national and international level.
- DNB Orthopaedics (2010)
- Fellow of European Board of Orthopaedics and Traumatology,
- Orthopaedic Fellowship in King’s College Hospital (London)
- Shoulder and upper limb surgery
- Arthroscopic (keyhole) surgery of shoulder and elbow
- Shoulder and elbow joint replacements
- Upper limb sports injuries
- Orthopaedic trauma
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society
- British Indian Orthopaedic Society
- British Medical Association
- Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Orthopaedic Surgeons Society of Andhra Pradesh
- Orthopaedic Association of South Indian States
- Twin Cities Orthopaedic Society
- Indian Medical Association