- 13 July 2016
- 2808 Views
Dr. Naveen Mehrotra
- M. Ch (Neurosurgery), India
- M.S. (General Surgery), India
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), India
- Paediatric Neurosurgery Fellowship, Canada
- AANS Fellowship, USA
- Fellow in Paediatric Neurosurgery at Children’s Hospital, Ottawa, Canada (2008 – till date)
- Worked as Assistant Professor, Neurosurgery at Nizam’s institute of Medical Sciences Hyderabad (2004-08)
- Senior Resident, Neurosurgery, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow (2001- 03)
- Senior Resident, Neurosurgery, Lok Nayak Hospital, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi (2000)
- Registrar, Neurosurgery, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi (2000)
- Junior Resident, General Surgery, MLN Medical College Allahabad (1996-99)
Areas of Expertise:
- Expert in treating with brain tumor cases
- Supervises brain scan and MRI to patients suspected of Alzheimer’s and other neurological diseases.
- Performs delicate brain operations
- Coordinate with chief psychiatrists on behaviour modification for certain ailments before prescribing lobotomy
- Analyze and treat the disorder and syndrome of nervous system
- Perform diagnosis and routine test on patients suspected with disorders in the nervous system
- Revise results of biological, microscopic, bacteriological analyses of patients
- Oversee the drugs and medications
Papers Presented in Conferences:
- Ring enhancing lesions of brain. XXIII Annual Conference Of Association Of Surgeons Of India , Lucknow.(21-23 Nov.1997)
- Hart shill implant in dorso-lumbar spine.7th National Neurotrauma Conference, Indore.(21-23 Aug.1998)
- Giant Vestibular Schwannomas –15 Years Experience. Silver Jubilee Celebrations, Dr.A.Lakshmipathi Neurosurgical Centre Post Graduate Institute Of Neurological Surgery,VHS Hospital Madras. (21-22 Feb.2003).
- Delivered a lecture on “ Surgical anatomy of the Anterior Skull Base” at Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery Workshop, Hyderabad on 25th September, 2005.
- Clinical and prognostic study of thoracic myelopathy due to ossified yellow ligament in fluorotic and non-fluorotic patients. At 6th Asian Conference of Neurological Surgeons and WFNS Education Course held from 27th –29th January 2006, Mumbai ,India.
- Presented a paper on “ Far Lateral Approaches to Foramen Magnum” at 8th Annual conference Of Skull Base Surgery Soceity of India held from 13th –15th October 2006,Chandigarh,India
- Published chapter titled “Shunts Systems” in the book “Operative Neurosurgery.
- Surgical approach to C1-C2 nerve sheath tumors
- Surgery Of Vestibular Schwannomas In India
- Management Strategies For Bilateral Vestibular Schwannomas
- Intracranial Aspergillosis in Immunologically Competent Patients
- Giant Vestibular Schwannomas: Focussing on the differences between the solid and cystic variants
- Traumatic Dural Arteriovenous Fistula and Review of Treatment Options
- Intracranial tumors of first year of life: The CHEO Experience