- 27 August 2019
- 317 Views
Dr. Sampurna Ghosh
Consultant ENT Surgeon
Qualification: MBBS, MS – ENT
Dr. Sampurna Ghosh, done her MBBS and MS from the prestigious Govt. Medical Colleges in Kolkata. She has received many Gold Medals in her Medical Career. She has trained for higher surgical procedures in the University of Adelaide in Endoscopic Sinus Surgery and Obstructive Sleep Apnea under National and International mentors. She has ample experience in Cochlear Implant surgery. She involves in multiple clinical research works to update her clinical knowledge and surgical skills by attending surgical workshops and conferences regularly. She has been invited as faculty to demonstrate surgeries and for scientific sessions in many workshops and conferences.
- Worked as a Post Graduate Trainee at R. G. Kar Medical College and Hospital
- Worked as an Emergency Medical Officer at Columbia Asia Hospital
- Worked as a Consultant ENT in Dept of ENT at Star Hospitals
- Working as a Consultant ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist, and Pediatric Otorhinolaryngologist at Sunshine Hospitals, Gachibowli.
Area of Expertise:
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
- Microscopic Ear Surgery
- Phonosurgery (Laryngeal Surgery)
- Anterior Skull Base Surgery
- Snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Pediatric ENT Surgeries
- Cochlear Implant Surgery
Articles and Publications:
- “Chronic White Lesions in Oral Mucosa – is Biopsy Mandatory?”, Ear, Nose and Throat Journal, Vol 96, August 2017.
- “An Observational Study of Drug Use in Upper Respiratory Tract Infection in Patients Attending ENT Outpatient Department in a Tertiary Care Hospital,” Aasian Jnl of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. July – Aug 2015.
- “Ectodermal Dysplasia Preventing With Atrophic Rhinitis – Report of two Cases and Review of Literature,” Clinical Rhinology: An Interventional Journal, Sep-Dec 2015.
- “Carcinoma-ex-pleomorphic adenoma in parapharyngeal space,” The philippine Jnl of Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery, Jan – Jun 2013.
Scientific Papers/ Invited Talks:
- “Snoring and Sleep Apnoea” as an invited speaker in Kamineni Institute of Medical Sciences, Naarketpally.
- Surgical management of laryngomalacia as an invited speaker organized by Uttarsang Deshi ENT Forum 2017, Kolkata.
- “MaxilloMandibular Advancement in OSA” in IASSCON 2015, Hyderabad, India as a National Faculty
- “Assessment of OSA” in Workshop on Snoring and OSAA, 2015, Kolkata, Bell View Hospital as an Invited Speaker
- “Safety of Multilevel Single Stage Surgery for OSA” in 9th SAARC ENT Congress 2014, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- “Laryngeal Framework Surgery in Paralytic Dysphonia & Puberphonia” in AOICON 2013, 65th Annual Conference of Otorhinolaryngology of India, Pune.
- “CSF Rhinorrhoea Secondary to Aqueductal Stenosis” in 4th ENT Confluence, 2012, Kolkata.
Awards and Achievements:
- Best Performance in R.G. Kar Medical College 2nd and 4th Year MBBS, 2007
- Scored highest marks in Surgery at West Bengal University of Health Sciences
- Received various Gold Medals in Anatomy, Pharmacology, Ophthalmology, Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, 2009
- Recipient of major KK Ghosh Award for Best Paper Presentation in West Bengal Annual ENT Conference, 2012
- Received honours for scoring more than 75% in University Exam (Anatomy, Physiology, Pharmacology, Community Medicine, Surgery)
Role at Sunshine Hospitals, Gachibowli:
Dr. Sampurna Ghosh is a Senior Consultant ENT and Head-Neck surgeon/ Otorhinolaryngologist, at Sunshine Hospitals, Gachibowli, Hyderabad. She works in the hospital very passionately from the beginning of the Sunshine to build a state of art facilities for the ENT outpatient department and OT facilities. She has a team of Audiologist and speech therapist who work her hand in hand. She has been performing following surgeries as a consultant surgeon at Sunshine Hospitals, Gachibowli, Hyderabad.
- Advanced Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
- Adenoidectomy, Tonsillectomy (coblation)
- Microlaryngeal surgery
- Surgical treatment for snoring and OSA
- Cochlear implant surgery
- Endoscopic skull base surgery