- 30 November 2017
- 1628 Views
Dr A.B. Suhas Masilamani. MBBS, MS, DNB (Orthopaedics)
Consultant Joint Replacement Surgery and Paediatric Orthopaedics
Fellowship in Paediatric Orthopaedics, Albert Einstein School of Medicine, New York, USA.
Fellowship in Joint Replacement, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, USA.
QUALIFICATIONS: MBBS, MS, DNB (Orthopaedics)
- M.B.B.S – Christian Medical College, Ludhiana, 1999-2004.
- MS – Christian Medical College, Ludhiana, 2007-2010.
- D.N.B – National Board of Examinations 2011.
- Joint Replacement Surgery Fellowship
- Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery Fellowship
Montefiore Children Hospital
New York, USA (2015-2016)
- Deputy Joint Replacement Fellowship
Dr A.B Suhas Masilamani is one of the Best Orthopedic surgeons who has trained in USA and has come to work in India, He finished his MBBS and MS Orthopaedic training from Christian Medical College Ludhiana. He topped the university in his MS exams and won the best outgoing resident award. He then went on to clear his DNB Orthopaedics. He further pursued fellowship training in United states. His first fellowship was in Paediatric Orthopaedics at Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein School of Medicine, New York, USA. This was followed by a second fellowship in Adult Hip and knee joint replacement Surgery at Bronx Lebanon Hospital, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, USA. During his time there, he got to learn and practice all the modern techniques in Orthopaedics, like minimally invasive techniques for total knee and total hip replacement, Image less Hip navigation. Uni-condylar knee replacement and patella femoral replacement. He is one of the very few surgeons from the city to become a member of American Academy of Hip and knee surgeons (AAHKS). He is also a member of American Academy of Orthopaedics Surgeons (AAOS) and International Congress for Joint Replacement (ICJR). His experience and expertise will add a lot of value to the practice of joint replacement at Sunshine hospital.
AWARDS AND HONOURS
1. Best Outgoing Orthopaedic Resident Award Christian Medical College 2010-2011.
2. University 1ST in Orthopaedic Surgery, Baba Farid University of medical sciences – PUNJAB 2010.
3. 3rd RANK in POST GRADUATE MEDICAL ENTRANCE Christian Medical College Ludhiana 2007
4. Dr H.B Singh Silver Medal for standing second in Final M.B.B.S Examinations 2004.
5. Dr M.E Tucker Prize for standing Second in General Surgery 2004.
6. Distinction in Pathology M.B.B.S 2001.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Member of American Academy of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS)
- Member of American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Member of International Congress for Joint Reconstruction (ICJR)
- Member of Andhra Pradesh Medical Council. Registration No. 74152.
- Education for Foreign Medical Graduates Registration No. 08166910.