- 13 July 2016
- 2542 Views
Dr. Sukesh Rao Sankineani
Dr. Sukesh Rao Sankineani has an outstanding academic and surgical experience winning a number of laurels in his Orthopaedic surgical career. An alumnus of the renowned All India Institute of medical sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi which he entered after securing an All India Rank 3 in the entrance exam, he went overseas to pursue internationally acclaimed fellowship programs in the field of arthroscopy, shoulder surgery and arthroplasty.
His initial training was in cartilage repair surgery under the guidance of internationally renowned cartilage surgeon Dr. Alberto Gobbi in Milan, Italy where his research on stem cells in cartilage repair was published in the prestigious American Journal of Sports Medicine. His further training took place in France at the acclaimed Clinique La Chaitagneraie in Beaumont in the field of advanced shoulder surgery wherein he mastered his skills in arthroscopy and reverse shoulder arthroplasty under the tutelage of esteemed surgeon Dr. Pierre Metais. Subsequently he underwent extensive training in hip and knee arthroplasty in Australia under the guidance of renowned surgeon Dr. Stephen Mcmahon at the Avenue Hospital, Melbourne.
He is the youngest recipient of the prestigious Tohoku University travelling scholarship to Japan. He has returned back to India where he is currently working as Consultant Arthroscopy, Cartilage Repair and Sports Surgery at Sunshine Hospitals, Secunderabad.
He has a special interest in research and teaching and has authored about 19 research papers published in international journals and is an author of chapters in prestigious international arthroscopy textbooks. He is an active team member in the various research projects and clinical trials being conducted at Sunshine Hospitals and is the Director of the Sunshine Arthroplasty Research Programme & the Sunshine Arthroplasty Fellowship Programme as well as the co-ordinator for the South India Arthroplasty Association.
– Worked as a consultant Orthopaedics and arthroscopy surgeon in Aware Global Hospitals, Hyderabad
– Worked as a AOA-Accredited fellow in hip and knee arthroplasty at the Avenue Hospital in Melbourne
– Worked as a shoulder and hand surgery fellow with specialized training in keyhole surgery at the Clinique La Chaitagneraie in Beaumont, France
– Received specialized training in cartilage repair and sports surgery at O.A.S.I.Bioresearch foundation in Milan, Italy(an ISAKOS and ICRS approved centre)
– Worked as a senior resident in Orthopaedics in All India Institute of Medical sciences(AIIMS),New Delhi for one and half year
– Recipient of visiting scholarship to Tohoku University Department of Orthopaedics, Sendai, Japan
– Ranked 3rd in AIIMS Postgraduate entrance exam
– Reviewer of journal of Musculoskeletal surgery (Indexed journal)
– Published research papers in AJSM, International Orthopaedics journal, Journal of musculoskeletal surgery