The Sunshine Centre for Respiratory Diseases is manned by consultants from diverse backgrounds and expertise in Pulmonology. The centre deals with all complex problems related to the upper & lower respiratory tract and offers treatment through a multidisciplinary approach. Apart from routine pulmonology, the centre offers thoracoscopy and therapeutic bronchoscopy procedures. The centre hosts a sleep lab, PFT lab, bronchoscopy suite and respiratory support unit with respiratory therapists available round-the-clock. The centre also has speciality clinics for a cough, asthma, lung cancer and NIV.
- Health promotion, screening/lung health checks
- Allergy checks
- Dedicated breathlessness & chronic cough clinics
- Lung function tests
- Asthma/COPD diagnosis using up-to-date technology
- Tuberculosis – contact tracing & diagnosis
- Diagnosis of lung cancer
- Interstitial lung disease & bronchiectasis clinics
- Flexible bronchoscopy – including interventional procedures – TBNA, transbronchial lung biopsies
- Medical thoracoscopy (for diagnosis and treatment of unilateral pleural effusions)
- Fully equipped to manage sleep disorders
- Respiratory ICU managing patients requiring non-invasive ventilation
- Emergency medical care, including intercostal drain insertions
- Home ventilation service (BIPAP, CPAP)
- Oxygen assessment including in-flight oxygen
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
Areas of treatment:
- Chronic cough
- Interstitial Lung Diseases (ILD)
- Lung cancer
- Respiratory failure
- Snoring & Sleep Apnoea
At Sunshine Hospitals, we offer expert medical services on Pulmonology and Respiratory problems with the use of advanced and innovative medical technology. We have an expert team of medical physicians and surgeons who give specialised services on consultation, diagnosis, and treatment of the pulmonary and respiratory disorders. In addition to the provision of diagnostic imaging and comprehensive treatments for lung diseases, our specialised experts also offer the following services:
- Adult Cystic Fibrosis
- Pulmonary treatment
- Asthma disorders
- Acute Bronchitis
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases)
- Lung Transplant
- Pulmonary Sarcoidosis
- Pulmonary Embolism
Advanced Pulmonary Function Lab
On 3rd August 2019, former Indian cricketer VVS Laxman Inaugurated Advanced Pulmonary Function Lab, Cardiopulmonary Rehab & Fitness Assessment Unit at Sunshine Hospitals, Gachibowli Branch. The lab is a state of art testing facility for respiratory systems, which is especially useful for sportspersons.
Speaking at the launch of the facility, Laxman said “As elite sportspersons, we had to go to Sydney, Johannesburg or London to undergo this kind of tests earlier. Now I’m glad to say that now Hyderabad will have world-class facilities for sportspersons”
The facility brings tests like Spirometry, Lung Diffusion Capacity, Impulse Oscillometrya, and Body Plethysmography under one roof. These lab facilities doctors to evaluate patient’s difficulty in breathing and other respiratory & cardiovascular problems.
Dr. A V Guravareddy, MD of Sunshine Hospitals said “It can assist any problem in overall performance of a sportsperson”
About Sunshine Hospital:
With a focus on overall wellness and good health, Sunshine has now become one of the best hospitals for many treatments including Orthopedic, Gastroenterology, Cardiology, Trauma and Bariatric Surgery in Hyderabad. It’s risen in popularity thanks of the team of highly-skilled doctors and high-end technology that’s available to diagnose accurately and treat effectively. Sunshine Hospitals has branches in Secunderabad, Gachibowli, Karimnagar and Bhubaneswar.
Click here to book an appointment with our Specialists at Sunshine Hospitals.
Click Here For Knowing Frequently Asked Questions For Our Specialities FAQs