A Multi Super Speciality Institution, 500 bedded Sunshine Hospitals (Paradise Circle, Secunderabad) is promoted by globally reputed Joint Replacement Surgeon Dr. AV Gurava Reddy (Orthopedic Doctor) and like-minded associates who share the objective of making world-standard healthcare available, affordable and accessible to the common man. Sunshine has now become one of the best hospitals for many treatments including Orthopedic, Gastroenterology, Cardiology, Trauma and Neurology.
- 20 August 2018
- 5534 Views
Risks Of Being Overweight
With the rise in consumerism, there can be seen an exponential fall in healthy practices. The people who used to spend time walking and talking after dinner are glued to their television sets, those who used to sleep on time, stay up late on social media, failing to wake up on time and exercise, and those who stuck to freshly cooked home food, have shifted their preferences to high-carb, high-fat junk food available at food joints.
While all of these changing habits have a major impact on family life and interpersonal relations, these lifestyle changes also account for the deteriorating health conditions of people all over the globe says Dr Venugopal Pareek. One huge health condition people suffer from, majorly because of lifestyle is being overweight.
Being overweight can have mental and physical consequences that could do more harm than you can imagine. It is needless to point out the embarrassment one faces because of being overweight, people are bullied and ridiculed for the way they look and their inability to do many things. Being overweight also puts you at the risk of developing severe life threatening diseases. For you to understand and take relevant precautionary measures, here are mentioned, the psychological and physical risks that being overweight can pose,
Being overweight can affect your confidence and morale, resulting in poor performance at work and withdrawal from social situations and family life. Falling into depression, will leave you demotivated and uninterested in making efforts to get back on track and lead a healthy life.
- Type 2 diabetes: If you would notice, people who suffer from type two diabetes are generally overweight, and losing weight can actually help them bring their blood sugar levels, under control.
- High blood pressure: Because of your weight, your heart will need to pump blood harder to supply blood to all your cells. Excess fat also has the potential to damage your kidneys
- That help regulate blood pressure.
- Heart disease and strokes: When your blood pressure and cholesterol is high due to excess weight, you increase your chances to suffer from heart diseases and strokes.
- Sleep apnea: Excess fat tends to get accumulated around your neck, constricting the airway, this can lead to not being able to breathe properly causing sleep apnea.
- Osteoarthritis: Excess weight results in applying extra pressure on joints and cartilage causing them to wear away and grow into osteoarthritis.
- Kidney disease: Being overweight leads to diabetes, and high blood pressure that further goes on to turn into chronic kidney disease. And recent research says that even in the absence of diabetes and blood pressure, excess weight or obesity can lead to chronic kidney disease.
- Complicated pregnancy: Being overweight can create complications like high blood sugar during pregnancy, high blood pressure, and increased risk for cesarean delivery (C-section).
We at Sunshine, promote a healthy happy living for all our readers and patients, we encourage you to go back to spending time with your family taking walks after dinner than to sit and watch television, we encourage you to sleep on time, wake up on time and give your body the physical exercise it needs. We also assure you that we will have your back whenever you need us. Do not ignore excessive weight gain, and avoid the development of the diseases mentioned above.
About The Doctor:
Dr. Venugopal Pareek is one of the best Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgeon in the city having done more than 9000 surgeries in 12 years. Trained in the esteemed Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences in Surgical Oncology, Dr. Pareek has the expertise in Bariatric Surgery. He has attended several conferences and published articles on medicine as well in various national and international journals.