- 11 June 2019
- 3519 Views
Signs That Your Body Shows That You Might Have PCOD
In these modern days, many girls worry about their complexion and some girls worry about their weight, pimples and acne marks. But suddenly, when you observe that something is going wrong with your body, i.e, Some odd changes in your body, such as gaining weight, sudden outburst on the unnatural hair growth, abnormal periods, looking less feminine, you must consult a doctor immediately.
When you observe odd changes in your body such as gaining weight, sudden outburst on the unnatural hair growth, abnormal periods, looking less feminine, you must consult a doctor immediately.
Girls need to understand that there might be underlying causes behind these odd problems and they need medical intervention. The underlying cause of these abnormal symptoms might be PCOD problem.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD) – The main cause of PCOD is a hormonal disorder. Researchers in Indian says that nearly 18% of the total women population suffer from PCOD. It is often confused with PCOS, where it is an endocrine system disorder in which released eggs do not mature and forms sacs full of fluids known as cysts, Whereas PCOD is due to the imbalance of hormones in which matured eggs cluster up together and form cysts.
If it is left untreated, it causes adverse and long-lasting effects on women’s health and also delays pregnancy. Most women experiencing PCOD when they try to use various beauty products to enhance their aesthetic look. They fail to understand that there is an underlying medical condition that triggers these signs which need medical attention.
Symptoms of PCOD
There are a lot of symptoms caused by PCOD due to hormonal imbalance, but some of them are given below:
- Irregular periods: This is the most common symptom caused by PCOD. The women suffering from PCOD have hormonal imbalances by which you will be having irregular periods
- Infertility: PCOS negatively impacts on fertility as women with PCOS do not ovulate on a particular date, or release an egg may delay each month due to the high production of estrogen by the ovaries.
- Excessive facial and body hair: Excessive growth of hair on the face is called Hirsutism. Facial hair growth is a medical disorder associated with hormones called androgens. In women with (PCOS Polycystic ovary syndrome), ovaries produce excessive amounts of androgens hormones, so that is the reason why women suffer from Hirsutism.
- Mood swings: Due to hormonal Imbalance there will be mood swings
- Depression: Due to hormonal Imbalance most of the PCOD women feel depressed. And will be in depression.
- Diabetes: It is suspected that there is a link between polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and type-2 diabetes mellitus, because that insulin resistance, play a role in the cause of PCOS and produces high levels of insulin by the pancreas which cause diabetes.
- Acne: Due to hormonal imbalance caused by PCOD, acne growths are seen due to hormonal side effects
- Weight-gain: PCOS women have High insulin levels production, and male hormone androgen, which leads to weight gain that is the reason why women with PCOD has abdomen like men apple shape, instead of pear shape
- Oily skin: Due to Excessive hormone levels skin becomes oily and produces Acne on face
- Heart trouble: Women with PCOD are at higher risk of heart and risk increases with age. It is due to Higher levels of insulin production with PCOS and which leads to increase the risk for elevated triglycerides, low levels of high-density lipoprotein (HDL), high cholesterol, blood pressure, and atherosclerosis causes increase the risk for heart diseases.
- Untreated irregular periods increases the risk of uterus cancer: PCOS women suffer from irregular periods due to these causes infertility. If we won’t treat the irregular periods there is a chance of uterus cancer.
Are you with these symptoms, Visit now Sunshine Hospital and schedule your appointment for PCOD diagnosis and treatment today!
Treatments of PCOD
As there is no permanent cure for PCOD, it’s symptoms can be managed in the ways mentioned below,
Diet for PCOD
PCOS women should eat Green leafy vegetables, broccoli, antioxidant-rich fruits, fatty fish, and mostly plant-based protein foods, and should drink a lot of water throughout the day. Should avoid dairy-based products, fish, avoid red meat, fried items, junk foods, and food with high Carbohydrates.
Exercises for PCOD
Along with the diet regular exercising, brisk walking, cycling, swimming, yoga and meditation will reduce the risk caused by PCOD.
Medication for PCOD
At our Sunshine hospital, after completion of diagnosis, the doctor will prescribe the medications those helps you managing your menstrual cycle, stress control, successful conceive process.
Surgery for PCOD
Laparoscopic surgery is done with multiple holes in the ovary, and the abnormal ovarian tissues that are causing problems are destroyed, restoring normal ovarian functions.
PCOD is a popular disorder in women of reproductive age. It has no particular causes. It requires the early diagnosis if you are having irregular periods and excessive facial and body hair. The treatment options are including changing the lifestyle, food and stress management will help the women to get rid of PCOD.
If PCOD condition is untreated, it may lead to uterus cancer, type 2 diabetes and heart diseases and other illness or disorders caused by hormonal imbalance.
We, at Sunshine Hospital, have an outstanding Team of Doctors who can help in prescribing and providing suggestions for plan your diet, workout, and medication, periodical recheck up and moral support to keep the symptoms of PCOD under control.
About the Sunshine Hospital:
At Sunshine Hospitals, we bank on our highly-skilled, friendly, and responsive doctors and medical devices with high-end technology, the core reasons behind the success of our hospitals. Our gynaecologist department has a combination of both gynaecologists and obstetrics.
The obstetrics’ department provides adept care in treating women’s reproductive system and offers care to infants (pre-during-postnatal). We also have a dedicated Anaesthesia department which works 24×7 aiding patients at the need of labour, either for painless delivery or emergency caesarian section.
Call Sunshine Hospital and schedule your appointment today!
About The Doctor:
Dr. T Rajeshwari Reddy – MBBS, MS (OBG)
Dr. T Rajeshwari Reddy is a renowned Gynaecologist and a well known laparoscopic surgeon. She has gained a lot of good-will from every single patient she has treated. Along with her exceptional skills in treating infertility problems, she is also good at personal counselling, which has helped many people to overcome their worries.
About Sunshine Hospitals:
A Multi Super Speciality Institution, 500 bedded Sunshine Hospitals (Paradise Circle, Secunderabad) is promoted by globally reputed Joint Replacement Surgeon Dr AV Gurava Reddy (Orthopedic Doctor) and like-minded associates who share the objective of making world-standard healthcare available, affordable and accessible to the common man. Sunshine has now become one of the best hospitals for many treatments including Orthopedic, Gastroenterology, Cardiology, Trauma and Neurology.