- 21 September 2019
- 1761 Views
World Alzheimer’s Day, 21 September 2019
Alzheimer’s Day is held every year at Sunshine Hospital to raise awareness of the challenges facing by Alzheimer’s patients and their families. This event requires intensive efforts to improve health services and support for patients and their families. According to the Alzheimer’s Association, 46 million people worldwide have dementia. In 2050, more than 13,150,000 people will be affected (every 3 seconds someone in the world develops dementia). World Alzheimer’s Month launched in 2012. World Alzheimer’s Day is on 21 September 2019.
2 out of 3 people around the world believe there is little or no understanding of dementia in their country. The effects of World Alzheimer’s Month are increasing, but stigma and misinformation that affect dementia remain a global problem that requires global action.
Alzheimer’s disease is often referred to as a family disease because the chronic stress of watching a loved one diminishes and affects everyone.
Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease:
- Alzheimer’s disease is a progressive brain disease. It starts by forgetting things and developing brief memory loss. It makes the patient challenging to remember recent events, which ultimately results in not taking care of daily activities and even basic needs.
- Alzheimer’s disease mainly attacks the elderly. The growth of the elderly population in India is alarming.
- There is no cure for Alzheimer’s disease. Early detection is beneficial for patients in effectively treating the disease.
- Treatment modalities include medical, psychological and nursing aspects.
- Family and social assistance play a vital role.
- Not every memory loss is Alzheimer’s. Alzheimer’s disease causes damage to the cognitive, memory-related areas which are more at risk than forgetting.
- Education can reduce risk
- Heart disease can increase your risk of Alzheimer’s
Objectives Of Alzheimer’s.
- Increased and raise awareness about Alzheimer’s disease.
- Help people understand how this disease can prevent by changing their lifestyle.
- Promote better health care for patients and their families.
- Provide dementia support centres for all the disease stages.
- Identify Alzheimer’s disease and its numbers and start a global campaigns change carried out by various countries in collaboration with the WHO.
- Provide evaluation and development of health care and social services to Alzheimer’s patients.
About Sunshine Hospitals:
A Multi Super Speciality Institution, 500 bedded Sunshine Hospitals (Paradise Circle, Secunderabad) is promoted by globally reputed Joint Replacement Surgeon Dr AV Gurava Reddy (Orthopedic Doctor) and like-minded associates who share the objective of making world-standard healthcare available, affordable and accessible to the common man. Sunshine has now become one of the best hospitals for many treatments including Orthopedic, Gastroenterology, Cardiology, Trauma and Neurology.